Re: [foxboro] Moving CSD contents to another CSD

  • From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:17:41 -0500

Jeff,

Here is another useful undocumented feature.  See HH1090 Importing ICC Saveall
into IACC for details.  I had to do a lot of this when we upgraded to IACC.
You can move blocks from one CSD to another and maintain all the connections as
follows:

1.  Create new CSD if necessary
2.  Right click on existing CSD - choose Listviews, CSD (not CSD Summary)
3.  In the CSD Listview click to select and highlight the blocks to be moved
(hold CTRL to select more than one block)
4.  After selecting hold Shift and drag the blocks from CSD Summary to the new
CSD.  Holding Shift keeps all connections intact.  Without Shift only the
connections between the blocks are retained.
5.  Open the new CSD and verify that your connections are there.

Hope this helps.

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company
920-458-2121 x3366