Re: [foxboro] Mixed Version of Triconex/Trident Systems

  • From: René Morales H. <morales_rene@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:21:37 -0500

The OpSys is Windows Server 2008.

In the TriStation 4.7 technical documentation I found this note:

System Requirement:
        The following are the minimum system requirements for TriStation
1131:
        -       PC running Windows XP Professional (32-bit), Windows Server
2003 (32-bit), or Windows Sever 2008 (32-bit), or Windows Server 2008
(32.bit or 64-bit); and the .NET Framework 3.5.

Regards,

René

From:   "René Morales H." <morales_rene@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   01/08/2013 04:01 PM
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi folks.

Does Anybody know any issue about connecting Tristation 4.7 software to
different versions of Trident/Triconex system?

When I connect the Controller Panel to a Triconex 10.5, all the
functionality goes well.  But with a Trident 2.1, some details began to
fail; for example when many pages of the program are opened on line,
sometime I need to close some of them to connect a new one.  With a Trident
1.4, the problem is increased, with a few opened pages, the Tristation
almost doesn?t connect to the system, and some time after without no action
over the page, the controller panel stops to function and I need to
disconnect/connect the application to the system.

I think that the problem is the versions of the systems, but is it
documented?

Regards

René.