Re: [foxboro] Migration -- FCP vs. ZCP?

  • From: "Goldie, Shaun S" <Shaun.Goldie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:30:23 +1300

Ted
just an opinion
use SOTD (Standard of the Day)you are bound to end up with both types
as the size of the logical process unit is the likley driver

another area to consider is the new gateway FBM's bringing your foreign
devices (PLC's...) in below the CP rather than into their own station
(gateway)this makes sense from a control and distribution point of view
but makes the FCP's 2MB fieldbuss a bit of a bottleneck when compared to
the ZCP's multiple fieldbuss capability

a con for the FCP is you have to provide DC power and you probably would
choose seperate power to the base plate power

in my plant I am running CP60's each with 30 200 series FBM's spread
over 5 base plates the CP's are not working very hard yet i am sitting
at the FCP I/O limit

in a nutshell the FCP's are my preference but my process will probably
dictate ZCP

on another note, all you UNIX users (and I am one) the reference to a
P91 Host, check out PSS 21H-4U6 B4 and 21S-1B10 B3 the windoze version
of IA has come a long way (on paper)
Shaun
NZ Steel