Re: [foxboro] Migrating IA Historian Archives

  • From: "Jaudon, Mike" <Mike.Jaudon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:20:48 -0600

John,

One thing I might add to Rob's comments...

The SAM (sample) files are potentially large and you will have to tar
them to tape (not floppy) to capture them all.

I suppose if you have another workstation on a 2nd Ethernet network,
with sufficient hard disk space, you could copy those files to a tmp
directory (across the 2nd Ethernet only because of heavy traffic) and
then copy them back to your new machine.

Michael L. Jaudon
TRONOX, LLC
(Technology Group-Hamilton, MS)
(662)343-8710 Office
(662)304-0313 Cell
mike.jaudon@xxxxxxxxxx

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use,
distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.  Please let me
know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by
mistake, then delete the e-mail message.  Thank you.