Re: [foxboro] Informix Historian vs AIM*

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:24:22 -0500

My experience with AIM* is that its not so hard. Installation is generally
the biggest issue. One does have to follow the directions pretty closely.

I'm not so sure how to compare AIM* to Informix since one is a historian
with ODBC/OLE DB support and the other is a true Relational Database.

AIM* does have reduction groups. It also has the ability to calculate (fake)
reduction groups during a data request. This is useful if you don't need to
keep reduced data around.

Alex Johnson
Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77043
713.722.2859 (office)
713.722.2700 (switchboard)
713.932.0222 (fax)
ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx
For the latest information on ArchestrA, go to
www.invensys.com/Archestra.html.