Re: [foxboro] Info on Foxray

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:21:19 -0500

Jalen,
As you system grows you have a very hard time keeping track of where
measurements are used.  For example if your process people decide that they do
not need a specific measurement (C:B.P) and they tell you to remove the
transmitter, and perhaps use it elsewhere. So you know that you need to delete
the AIN.  Now you  have to delete every reference to that AIN in your system.
This includes:links to other blocks in the same CP,   links to other blocks in
other CP's,   every display on every AW and WP with that block referenced,
every Historian, every API list for external applications, programs making
calls for that AIN...
Quite a task if you have thousands of AIN's in your system.  Tools like Foxray
run on a scheduled basis (typically once a week but could be more often duing a
startup)  to query your whole system to find where every block is referenced
and it can quickly give you a list so that you can ensure that all references
are deleted. Remember that failing to delete one reference could slow down your
Operator's response to an emergency.

Terry