Re: [foxboro] IND Block ACHNGE concept = Change-based execution to initiate scanning

  • From: "Rick Mol" <Rick.mol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:25:45 -0500

Joseph,

I've used the ACHNGE parameter with an IND block to look for changes to the
block itself from a graphic.  That way, as you mentioned, the block would
park there and process only when the operator initiated an action.  This
particular application was a CP based batch engine; the IND block was used
to initiate phases.

Found no problems with that implementation other than including debounce
logic or feedback in case the user developed the condition called
'clickenzeebutton'.

Regards,
Rick Mol
Coyote Technologies