Re: [foxboro] ICCDRVR.tsk - GET script problem

  • From: Ulrich Wieczorek <uwieczorek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:43:25 +0200

When providing wildcards as arguments you should always keep in mind
that it is the shell which resolves them. In the command line you wrote,
the argument 12GHC01:* is being replaced by list of filenames begining
with 12GHC01: and contiued anyhow. If you have no file with a matching
name in your working directory (and I guess you have not), the regular
expression expands to nothing and the command being effectively executed
is: iccprt -p -n file.txt CP000B. When you want the wildcard to be
evaluated by iccprt you must enclose the argument with quotation marks:
iccprt -p -n "12GHC01:*" file.txt CP000B. Another point: you ommitted
the -o option in the command line which tells the iccprt command that
the following argument is the name of the output file.

Regards,
Ulrich

Dimitris Legakis schrieb:
> I actually run  iccprt -p -n 12GHC01:* file.txt CP000B
>
> I did a typo mistake in the email and i missed the -n. Actually I never
> forgot to specify the -n.
>
> Dimitris
>

>> From: "Jeremy Milum" <jmilum@xxxxxxxxx>
>> To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: Re: [foxboro] ICCDRVR.tsk - GET script problem
>> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 02:24:10 -0500
>>
>> On 4/19/07, Dimitris Legakis <legourasj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Actually I have tried many variations of the iccprt script including the
>> one
>>> you propose. The only one that could work is:
>>> iccprt -p 12GHC01:* file.txt CP000B
>>> Which extracted all parameters of all blocks in the compound 12GHC01.
>> strange as that should not work like that. let me check the docs....
>>
>> (i am not sure how this will format)
>>
>> **********
>> Usage: iccprt [-p] [-n compound[:block]] [-o outputfile] <station>
>> -n compound and/or block list to be reported (wildcards are valid);
>> default is for all compounds.
>> -o output file to which report will be redirected; default is to console.
>> -p generate report on compound and/or block PARAMETERS rather than
>> compound and/or block ORDER.
>> <station>     is the Control Station or volume to be reported.
>> ***********
>> so I don't think that running it like you did would work since you did
>> not specify the -n parameter, leaving it off all together (along with
>> any wildcards or comp:block specifications) should return the
>> parameters for every comp:block in the CP
>>
>> alas, i am not at work and cannot verify all this, but I can see about
>> it tomorrow. I am sure others will chime in before that and show where
>> I have gone astray ;)

Ulrich Wieczorek
Erpicon Software Development GmbH
Neusser Str. 724-726