Re: [foxboro] ICCDRVR - Workfile corruption?

  • From: "Boulay, Russ" <Russ.Boulay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:05:33 -0500

I have seen a similar situation occur at another customer site.
During the upgrade between IA versions they had many CP's that they did not
want to reboot.
So they copied older workfiles onto a newer version of IA
Iccdrvtsk would then get hung because the pfef/olist files on the upgraded host
had many extra parameters to support the new version of IA
When an iccdrvtsk command was attempted ...those pdef/olist parameters
attempted to make the parameter request in the old workfile and this would
cause the iccdrvtsk command to hang....

So main point......be sure a similar situation has not occurred where old
workfiles are resident on a newer version host.

Their way out of this issue was to perform loadalls onto a offline lab upgraded
system...and then copy those workfiles to the online host.