Re: [foxboro] IA documetation sollutions?

  • From: "Gunter, Matt" <Matt.Gunter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:22:12 -0600

I have to chime in here.

We recently purchased foxray and are still learning how to use it.
Shortly after installation, we experienced a problem that effectively
wiped out our AIM* historian.  Restoring it was a very high priority and
we are still experiencing residual difficulties a few weeks after the
event. TAC has been helpful in rectifying these problems.

Why is that important?  You asked about "issues related to support for
these products."  I cannot even begin to fully describe the support we
received LimeWare.  They provided instructions for getting the necessary
files for foxray set back up on our historian and working again.  Then,
when we weren't getting alarm messages they assisted in pinning down the
problem, which it turned out was indexing into the mX0.fdb files.  In
all it took a lot of effort on their part and it would be criminal of me
to just read your post and not speak up for them.  They have been, and
continue to be, extremely supportive.

Matt Gunter
ATK Space Systems