Re: [foxboro] I/A 7.0 Configuration

  • From: tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:01:02 -0500

Yazid,
        You are right in saying you won't need DNBI's and DNBT's for the XP
stations but I "think" you will still need a new RCNI for each of those
stations.  Many stations can be connected through their individual RCNI's to
a hub that can be connected to a single NCNI.  This is true unless Foxobro
has decided that the letterbug can be manually defined in the workstation by
the user and doesn't need a physical letterbug which they currently use to
insure uniqueness on the bus.  If they allow that, I think all DNBI's,
DNBT's, and RCNI's could be eliminated, but only on non-redundant control
network configurations.
        These are only my thoughts and are in no way meant to be factual.  I
would get with Foxboro to find out what their intent is.  Even though we
currently use redundant networks exclusively, I would be interested to know
the answer to your question.

Tom VandeWater
Control Systems Developer/Analyst
Dow Corning Corp.