Re: [foxboro] How to connect FBP10 on CP60

  • From: "Boulay, Russ" <russ.boulay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 06:59:36 -0400

And don't forget these important rules:

This appendix provides the procedure to upgrade CP30 or CP40 Control
Processors to CP60
Control Processors on existing I/A Series systems.
NOTE
CP60 support for Fieldbus Cluster and Spectrum Migration products is
presently
limited to the V6.3.2 and V6.5 releases. The CP60 image (V6.4) supplied with
the
V6.4 and V7.0 releases does not support Cluster and Spectrum Migration
products.
Releases that use the V6.5 or later versions of CP60 software will provide
support
for Fieldbus Cluster and Spectrum Migration products.
To upgrade CP30 or CP40 to CP60 on existing I/A Series systems:
1. Prior to replacing CP30 or CP40 control processors with a CP60, you must:
install V6.3.2 or V6.5 and above System Software on the existing system and
EEPROM all the
FBP11/12/13/14 Integrators using the existing CP30 or CP40 based system.
NOTE
Be sure to EEPROM all the FBP11/12/13/14 Integrators as well as other FBMs
using the existing CP30 or CP40 based system. If this step is not followed
the CP60
replacement is not able to communicate with the older version FBP11/12/13/14
Integrator software:
Old FBP EEPROM REV (Pre-V6.3.2 Systems) = 42.x
New FBP EEPROM REV (V6.3.2 System) = 6.3.2
2. After the system has been upgraded to V6.3.2 or V6.5 and all the
FBP11/12/13/14
Integrators have been upgraded with new IOM software, the CP30s and CP40s
can
be replaced with CP60 control processors. Follow the instructions in Control
Processor
60 and Control Processor 60S Installation and Maintenance (B0400FB) for CP60
and
DCM10E, DCM10Ef installation.-----Original Message-----