Re: [foxboro] HP 2800 on P79 Machine

  • From: "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:28:12 -0400

Imran,

The P79 is a Solaris based IA station.  The HP 2800 is an Inkjet printer.

You have to ensure that you have a "RECONCILED" system definition for the P79
(also called DAY 1 ) then you can add the Inkjet printer to the P79 in System
Definition (two places - attach hardware and specify parameters)give it a
unique 4 digit number (LP45 - for example) then commit onto the P79. You should
also pass this commit through other stations on your system, if you want them
to have access to the Inkjet printer.

Terry Doucet, Eng.

Object : [foxboro] HP 2800 on P79 Machine

Dear All,

We are planning to add an HP 2800 printer to our P79 Machine running I/A
version 7.1.1.

We have documents;

1.      B0700BT Rev B

2.      Bo400SF Rev M

Do we require commit the P79 with the new system definition after adding the
post script printer in that?

Kindly advise me the procedure.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Imran