Re: [foxboro] FoxView Right Mouse Click -SUMMARY?-

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:42:50 -0500

There are (at least) four FV documents relevant to your question:

1) B0193WH-G I/A Series A2(tm) System FoxView(tm) Software
   Pick on 'I/A Series A2 System FoxView Software' on
http://ips.csc.invensys.com/framepage.asp?body=/content/documents/iaseries/k
0173tqm71/index.htm

2) B0193WG-G I/A Series A2(tm) System FoxDraw(tm) Software
   Pick on 'FoxDraw Software' on
http://ips.csc.invensys.com/framepage.asp?body=/content/documents/iaseries/k
0173tqm71/index.htm

3) B0193WL-J I/A Series A2(tm) System FoxView(tm) and FoxDraw(tm) V9.0
Release Notes
   Pick FoxView/FoxDraw on
http://ips.csc.invensys.com/framepage.asp?body=/content/documents/iaseries/k
0200gzc/index.htm

4) Supplement to FoxView/FoxDraw 9.0 Release Notes
   I don't have an on-line link. I've been told it is on the FD/FV V9
   CD-ROM, but I haven't actually checked.

The supplement supplies Appendices G, H, I, and J of B0193WG. Appendix G
explains how to play with the contextual menu. H covers Moveable Overlays. I
Scratch Pad Trends and Group Displays. J FoxSelect 9.0 Quick-Reference.

The supplement also includes Appendix C of B0193WH. Appendix C covers the
use of Scratch Pad Trends and Group Displays from the operator's POV.

In B0193WL-J you will find that you can control the assign option. The
section reads,

38. FoxView allows users to assign protection values to the display bar
popup menu. This
the menu that is displayed when the mouse is right clicked over the display
bar. These
protections are assigned via the following variables:
DBM_PROT protects the entire Menu
DBS_PROT protects the ability to Save display bar changes
DBN_PROT protects the ability to create a New display bar
DBA_PROT protects the ability to re-Assign displays or commands to the
   display bar
DBC_PROT protects the ability to assign Commands to the display bar.

The DBC_PROT variable has been added to the 8.0 FoxView. This protection
variable can be used to protect access to the Assign->Command menu
selections. The Assign->Display menu will still be enabled.

For more information on protecting display bar menu access, refer to the
information in the B0193WH FoxView User Documentation, or refer to the file
/usr/fox/wp/data/init.user. (CAR:1002377)

Hope this helps.

(I know you got most of this already, but I thought the documents might be
good to know about.)

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77043
713.722.2859 (office)
713.722.2700 (switchboard)
713.932.0222 (fax)
ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx
For the latest information on ArchestrA, go to
http://www.invensys.com/divisions/Archestra.html.