Re: [foxboro] FoxView (Displays Can't be Viewed Under Windows Xp)

  • From: "Kevin Fitzgerrell" <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:16:49 +0900

No, I can't elaborate....   Apparently I shouldn't post in the morning
before coffee....

OK, if you're using pdf_fdf (converting DM to FV graphics) you have to
be careful about the options or command line parameters.  These can
make a big difference in how your converted displays look -- however,
that has nothing to do with the question the original poster asked.
I'm not aware of any parameters you can use for the fdf_g or g_fdf
commands.

If you're using fdf_g or g_fdf there have been problems over the last
few versions but I believe they're mostly (if not completely)
corrected by 9.0.2 (although I haven't tried a conversion to confirm
this).  My biggest problems at 9.0.1 converting from Solaris to
Windows was the behavior of some display commands for opening and
closing overlays which worked fine on Solaris FV but didn't work the
same way on Windows after the fdf_g and g_fdf.  These displays had
originally been converted from DM.

Kevin FitzGerrell