Re: [foxboro] FSIM as a replacement for the AW70X

  • From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:11:28 -0500

Jason,
You have received a lot of good feedback on this subject that helps
answer some of my questions regarding using FSIM as a development
station.  We are slowly expanding our small IA system that I think you
may have worked on the initial installation back in the mid-90s (my
apologies if I am thinking of the wrong person). I have still been
working with Tom M. and the folks in Cleveland.  I have had an offline
development station on my wishlist for years, and I have been thinking
about having Foxboro quote an FSIM as an option on our next proposal.
The consensus from the group seems to verify what I would expect - that
it would be much more practical and cost effective to setup an offline
hardware solution unless we are truly going to utilize all of the
features of FSIM.  I may still go through the exercise and ask Foxboro
to provide information and quote both solutions.  I would be glad to
relay anything worthwhile that I learn in the process.
I hope everything is going well,

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company
920-458-2121 x3366