Re: [foxboro] FCP270 System Temperature Limits

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:40:21 -0400

Jason,The Foxboro  thermocouple 8 input card has channel 9 reading a RTD on the
termination assembly. You can read that value without having to install a
thermocouple unless you need to read the "roof" temperature in a cabinet.
Remember that a TC gives temperature difference so might not give the best
reading if it is in the same location as the termination assembly. You  might
need to use RTD.Each particular item in the heat sensitive area can be checked
in the specification sheets (PSS for Foxboro) to find the maximum operating
temperature.The P92 PSS 21H-4D13 B4 gives max operating temperature 35 C and 20
-80 % RH. There is no indication of what can fail if you run at or above 35
C.If the air conditioning fails, most installations where I have been will open
the DELL processor cabinet doors when the room temperature reaches 28 -29 C. I
have never seen a control room or a rack room go over 30 degrees C and suspect
that Operators might want to shutdown the plant, if this happened. But maybe
this is a biased (Canadian) perspective on temperatures.
Terry