Re: [foxboro] FBM224

  • From: "Landry, Scott" <Scott.Landry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:38:37 -0400

    Ken,

     You mentioned the EEprom revision but not the software revision.

     V1.10 EEprom version came with  V8.3/V8.4 I/A.

Old Format Versus New Format MSL files
With the introduction of the new Modbus Device Configurator, a new format for
the Modbus
Slave Configuration (MSL) file contains the new configurable parameters
(Response Timeout,
Retries, and Phase). This new format is usable only in FBM224s with software
version 1.06 or
later. If a new style MSL file is downloaded to an FBM224 with any previous
version of software,
the downloaded file will be ignored.

Old style MSL files – those that have been created with prior versions of the
Modbus Device Configurator
– may be edited with the new configurator, and may be downloaded successfully
to any
FBM224, regardless of the version of software in it. However, because MSL files
that have been
created with any prior version of the Modbus device configurator do not contain
the new parameters,
if they are opened with the new configurator, these new fields have no meaning
and are not
editable,  All fields but the three new ones (Response Timeout, Retries, Phase)
can be edited. When the file
is saved, it is saved in its original format, usable by all versions of FBM224
software (including
1.06).