Re: [foxboro] FBM 232/233 and Siemens PLC

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:09:09 +0200

Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for the tip, we'll look into it

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten
Dirk Pauwels
DCS/MOC Coordinator

Ketenislaan 1C - Haven 1520
B-9130 Kallo, Belgium

Dirk.Pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx

tel: +32 3 570 95 97
mob: +32 497 428 300
ATTENTION : NEW EMAIL ADDRESS SINCE 01/02/2011
--> Dirk.Pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx

"van Doorn, Gerrit" <gerrit.vandoorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
31/08/2011 10:38
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] FBM 232/233 and Siemens PLC

Tom, Dirk,

When connecting a redundant set of FBMs as Master communicating to a
single Modbus Slave, you might want to use the External Interlink option.
This will result in less communication since the tracker is only sending
heartbeats instead of running the same messages as the Master. You need a
switch/hub and both FBMs must be on the same network. They need to be able
to communicate to each other by Ethernet. It's quite well explained in the
FoxDoc and needs to be configured in the FDSI Configurator.

Gerrit van Doorn
Senior Application Engineer

Baarnsche dijk 10
3741 LS  BAARN