Re: [foxboro] Experience with big screens on P81 Consoles?

  • From: "Kevin Fitzgerrell" <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:00:27 +0900

Virgil,

The XVR-100 is Sun's low-end video card for these systems.  I'd lean
towards upgrading your video card(s) to the XVR-600 or XVR-1200.
XVR-1200 supports dual 1920x1200, the XVR-600 supports single
1920x1200.  You can have 3 XVR-100s or two XVR-600s or one XVR-1200 in
most of the Blade tower boxes, Blade 2000 supports two XVR-1200s.
Both are supported under Solaris 8.  They should be supported on your
hardware, depending on how old your P81s are.  Both are available on
eBay relatively inexpensively if you wanted to pick up one for a
trial.  Neither of these are available from Sun anymore, but then the
Blade workstations are not either.

While probably not a Foxboro supported configuration, these are
certainly a standard Sun solution, so it should be straightforward to
make work.

Cheers,

Kevin FitzGerrell