Re: [foxboro] Exceed DMNAME

  • From: Ricardo Abech <abech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:01:35 +0100

Hi Terry,

Thanks. I will give this a try when I get access to the machine again.

Ricardo

On Feb 23, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Terry Doucet wrote:

Ricardo,

You can fix these in the dmcfg file.

If you leave all your DM's floating (unassigned) then I think you can do a
process summary (ps -eaf) and grep on the name of your computer where Exceed is
running and
the associated DMNAME is part of the text field as long as your "hosts" file
contains the name and the IP. If the hosts file does not contain the reference,
then you get the IP which you will then have to know.

But I cannot test this for you so I cannot confirm.

Terry