Re: [foxboro] DTIME block

  • From: "Putman, Robert" <Robert.Putman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:28:58 +0000

Not sure if this is helpful but this is what I found on the DTIME block in
BO193AX.

When DTOPT is not set, the incoming measurement samples at each block execution
period are
averaged over the shift time period, for example to avoid loss of signal
resolution. The average
measurement values are shifted through the bucket brigade. To avoid rapid
change of the output
signal at each shift time, the output undergoes linear interpolation between
the last two "oldest"
stored values during each block execution time.

When DTOPT is set, the averaging of incoming measurement samples is disabled
and, at each
deadtime block execution, the current measurement value (MEAS) is directly
stored into the
"newest" bucket, while the block output is updated each deadtime block
execution with the value
from the "oldest" bucket.

Looks like the averaging is done on the 1st 2 buckets only.
What is your delay (DT) set to?
Did you try with DTOPT not set and 2 buckets (NUMBKT = 2)?

Bob