Re: [foxboro] DATA LINK

  • From: "Sean Redmond" <ultim8_warrior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:48:27 +0000

Hello,

Some things to look at.  I am assuming that the WinPC can telnet in to the
AW.

1). On the winPC check the an_init.cfg file has \rtm\tcp 1024 and not
/dev/tcp 1024  on the line similar to YOURAW = "102.105.75.5 55555 \rtm\tcp
1024"
I have noticed an_init.cfg is sometimes in c:\windows or c:\program
files\aim\common.  I am not sure which one it uses first.  The one in common
I guess.

2). Make sure the TCP ports are the same on WinPC line
YOURAW = "102.105.75.5 55555 \rtm\tcp 1024"
The 55555 is the TCP port Datalink uses.  This should be the same number on
the AW in file an_init.tcp
*servr="127.0.0.1 55555 /dev/tcp 1024"

3)Check that the user name of the winPC has been given authorization in the
an_init.tcp file.

Remember each time you change the an_init.tcp you have to restart the API to
pick up the changes.

Sean