Re: [foxboro] CSA issue

  • From: "Boulay, Russ" <Russ.Boulay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:39:05 -0400

First thing after the restore of old image....perform a checkpoint of CP's so
at least you have a good checkpoint file that resembles the running CP contents
in case CP was to reboot.

Below is a published solution for fixing CSA.....as to your workfile, if that
is also mismatched that requires more extensive lab system work...

Solution
A quick way to fix mismatches on CSA - CP databases
July 20, 2012

Problem Description

If the CSA (Compound Summary Access) is not in sync and does not match the
database running on the CP, this solution provides the steps to fix it.
Usually the "check_db_sync" utility is used to detect if you have this problem.

NOTES:
Remember to always perform a Checkpoint before running "check_db_sync".
This procedure does not fix mismatches against the database in the workfile.

Fix/Resolution
This is a procedure to have a CSA CP's db that matches exactly the
compound/blocks running on that specific CP.
It was written for Windows. (On Unix, you will have to create the script using
vi, or converting the Notepad-created file to Unix by using utility dos2unix).

NOTE: It doesn't fix anything on the workfile, just the CSA db for the specific
CP.

It uses the command "getpars" to get the compound/block names and types,
directly from the CP, and then convert the output to CSA format.

A. Get compound/block names from CP

This is the basic command to get the compound/block names from the CP:

/opt/fox/bin/tools/getpars -n -UCPLBUG -mCMPNM:%15s -mTYPE:%7

In order to use the result for CSA we need to change the order of columns,
remove some extra lines, etc.
All those changes can be acomplished with this script: "getpars2csa.txt"

-------------------------
#!/bin/sh
cd /opt/fox/bin/tools
getpars -n -U$1 -mCMPNM:%15s -mTYPE:%7s | sed '1,6d' | awk '{printf
"%-13s\t%-13s\t%-13s\n", $2, $1, $3}' | awk '
$1 != Lastcmpd {
Lastcmpd = $1
print $1
}
$1 == Lastcmpd {
printf "%-13s\t%-13s\t%-13s\n", $1, $2, $3 }' > $1
-------------------------

Copy the lines above (between dotted lines) to Notepad and save the file as
"getpars2csa.txt"
Copy the file to the CSA host (preferred), into /opt/fox/bin/tools directory

How to use the script:

Once the script is in /opt/fox/bin/tools, open a command prompt and type:

D:
sh
cd /opt/fox/bin/tools
getpars2csa.txt CPLBUG       (Replace CPLBUG with the letterbug of your CP)

The script will create a file named "CPLBUG" in /opt/fox/bin/tools, that can be
used for CSA Merge.
Open that file and verify that starts with the STATION block line and it looks
like this (format):

CP6001_STA
CP6001_STA STATION STA
CP6001_ECB
CP6001_ECB PRIMARY_ECB ECBP
AC_TST001
AC_TST001 AC_IND01 IND
AC_PIDA_TEST
AC_PIDA_TEST AIN1 AIN
AC_PIDA_TEST PIDA1 PIDA
AC_PIDA_TEST AIN2 AIN
AC_PIDA_TEST PIDA2 PIDA

B. Remove ALL compound/blocks names from CSA Database, just for that CP

Type:

cd /usr/fox/csa
csa_fn reset CPLBUG

Verify CSA database for that CP, is empty, by typing:

csa_stn_save CPLBUG

It should just show the prompt.

C. CSA Merge:

Create a temporary directory in D: named  /opt/tmp/csa_merge
Put the CPLBUG file, for the CP that need to be merged, into that directory.
Then type:

cd /usr/fox/csa
CSA_Merge /opt/tmp/csa_merge

D. Verify CSA has now the database for the CP, by typing:

csa_stn_save CPLBUG

E. Check if that databases are in sync by running

/opt/fox/bin/tools/db_sync/check_db_sync CPLBUG

Copyright (c) 2012 Invensys Syste-----Original Message-----