Re: [foxboro] CIM-IO interface, was OSISoft ...

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P (IPS)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 00:32:03 -0400

Re: And how about the DMCbridge CIMIO, can that be handled with OPC?

If you have any pre-V8.4 CPs and you want to build a DMCplus Interface
using OPC and the DMCplus Bridge, you need to use the NONSSC option and
build two CALC blocks - documented in the manual - per MV to replace the
SSC functionality. This works without issue.

If all of your CPs are V8.4 or later, you can build a DMCplus Interface
with OPC using SSC because new SSC options have been added in V8.4.
However, the DMCplus Bridge does not support this operation. But that
might not matter if you use Aspen's GUI on our AWs.

For now, we use CIMIO for FoxAOS to implement the SSC handshake.
Likewisek, CIMIO for FoxAIS is supported for this one application.

To be honest, I'm not sure how to handle a mixed pre-V8.4 and V8.4+
system in the same controller using OPC while using our standard SSC
mechanism. The layers of software and complexity will be extremely
difficult to work around.

Hope this make sense.

Invensys Process Systems
10900 Equity Drive