Re: [foxboro] CFT10 on a FBM43

  • From: "Gillis, Dale" <Dale.Gillis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:44:26 -0500

Thanks for clearing this up guys.

-----Original Message-----
From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Johnson, Alex P (IPS)
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 1:22 PM
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [foxboro] CFT10 on a FBM43

Tom is correct.

The CFT10 is an FBM. It sits directly on the 100-Series fieldbus like
any other FBM.

Here's an excerpt from the PSS (PSS 1-2B3 C):

I/A Series System Fieldbus Interface
Connection to an I/A Series System is by direct connection to the
Fieldbus, as with other Foxboro Fieldbus Modules. This bus operates at
up to
268 kbaud, and incorporates dual circuits for faulttolerant operation.
The scan rate is determined by the configuration of the I/A Series
system. Direct digital communication removes the conversion errors which
are inherent in other systems.

The information which can be modified and displayed from the I/A Series
System Workstation is:
* Digital Output (Measured Values) in user selected Engineering Units
* Description
* Flowtube Calibration Database
* Engineering Units
* Location
* Tag Number
In addition, the Totalized Mass measurement can be reset to zero, and
the Zero point of the Flow measurement calibrated from the Workstation.

To ensure system security, once the I/A Series System has switched the
transmitter on line, remote operators cannot switch it off line or
change its configuration through the HHT or Display/Keypad (though they
can still read measurements and examine the configuration). This is to
ensure that the operation of a control loop cannot be inadvertently
upset by an operator in the field.

Invensys Process Systems
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041