Re: [foxboro] CARs

  • From: "Brown, Stanley" <stan.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 07:20:15 -0400

At this point in time, my experince is that most times I can get a
correct answer from the knowledgable people on this list long before
(if ever) I get in contact with anyone at Foxboro that even
understands the question. With the exception of calling my field
service guy direx
Ctly on his cell phone, which I hate to do, as in
Y opinion, he should be able to concentrate on the customer he is on
site with, and not be having to make up for weak TAC resources!
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2010, at 19:14, "Corey R Clingo" <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> The other factor here for me is that much of my stuff is no longer
> officially supported :/
>
> I tend not to enter CARs for "mature" or older products because I
> believe
> there is little chance that problems with them will be fixed.  If I'm
> wrong about that, I'm happy to be corrected.
>

> And I agree with Tom, this list is an unbelievably helpful
> resource.  And
> the question of why many users turn to this list first is a valid
> one, and
> one that I also agree Invensys should be asking.
>

> Corey
>

> P.S. Speaking of CARs, I finally shipped my FBM214 TAs (5 of them, had
> another fail yesterday) and two suspect FBMs (those may not be the
> problem, don't know yet) back to FoxMass today.
>

> tjvandew@xxxxxxxxx
> Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 08/30/2010 06:07 PM
> Please respond to
> foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [foxboro] CARs
>

> I heartily agree with Philip.  The list is the best way, and often the
> only way, to find out if there is a common problem.  When a CAR is
> entered
> there is no way to find out if other users have entered one or a
> hundred
> on the same issue.  Foxboro doesn't divulge any of that info.  Often
> times
> users discover a work around before Foxboro develops a fix.  Foxboro
> needs
> to understand why this list is used as much as it is and what is
> lacking
> in their support infrastructure.  I'm glad there are some Foxboro
> folks
> that participate and monitor the list.  It is also a great advantage
> users that the exchanges can't be censored by Foxboro in the same
> way that
> they restrict information about the CAR's.  I'm not saying we
> shouldn't
> all fill out CAR's when needed but I have solved more issues by
> partcipating in the list than Foxboro has resolved via my CAR
> submissions.
> I have experienced " This CAR is now closed " without my problem being
> addressed to my satisfaction on more than one o
> ccasion.
> Tom Vandewater

> From: "Pulas, Philip" <Philip.G.Pulas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sender: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:18:03
> To: 'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [foxboro] CARs
>
> Marcel,
>
> I believe most of usually do enter our issues as CARs, though I'm
> not sure
> about the specific list-user you are referring to.  I posed a
> question to
> [...]

The information contained in this message and any attached files may be
privileged and/or confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of
the information contained in or attached to this transmission is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please so notify
the sender immediately without reading it. Also, please promptly destroy the
original transmission and its attachments. Any views or opinions presented in
this message or attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation or its subsidiaries.