Re: [foxboro] Block Equivalents List

  • From: Kevin FitzGerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:25:01 +1200 (NZST)

Jack,

The block equivalent tables and associated guidelines have lots of shortcomings.
 For what they are worth:

Maximum block equivalents
CP10     300
CP30    1000
CP30B   1000
CP40    2000
CP40B   2000
CP50    3000
CP60    4000

CP:
All blocks count as one (including ECBs) except the following:
CALC - 3 block equivalents
DPIDA - 2 block equivalents
PIDE - 2 block equivalents
PIDX - 2 block equivalents
PIDXE - 2 block equivalents
PIDA - 2 block equivalents
PLB - 2 block equivalents
ECB8 - 3 block equivalents
MON - 4 block equivalents
EXC - 6 block equivalents*
DEP - 6 block equivalents*
IND - 6 block equivalents*
* Add one block equivalent for each additional 25 lines of logic.

My notes also indicate that each alarm indication is 1 block equivalent.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
Carter Holt Harvey, Ltd.
+64 27 460 9994