Re: [foxboro] Auto open overlay

  • From: "William C Ricker" <wcricker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:54:10 -0500

Method we have used is to run a program on a UNIX box which
opens a connection to the alarming point, and runs a UNIX
command on it's change.

If you are using a 50 series box, I can send you just this
program.  (I'd planned to pass it over to Casandra, but never
quite got the document cleaned up enough. Some day).

Anyway, what it does is to read a file of up to 200 lines.  Each
line has a C:B.P, delta, and a UNIX command to run when the change
comes in.  You can pass along to the script the time at which the
change came in, the value it changed to, and the name of the variable
(so a single script can recognize changes of several points).

Using this, you might use the /usr/local/pref command to pop up
the overlay.

If you'd like, I can email you a copy.  Drop me a line.

William C. Ricker
FeedForward, Inc.
Marietta, GA, USA
wcricker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx