Re: [foxboro] Analog input current about 2% low

  • From: "Mostafa mohamed" <mostafa_atatork@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:52:56 +0000

You can inject current and see what is the reading at FBM like if you are
injecting 4ma you should get zero reading. next you can measure MA in series
to see wheather their is the correct reading going to the FBM verify this
first if you have not done this already.
Also try to check to tighten the screws. for wiring
Best regards

Mostafa

>From: "Ali Ahmed" <alizahidi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [foxboro] Analog input current about 2% low
>Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:56:10 +0000
>
>Try some other test equipment on the bench to verify the transmitter output
>current. somtimes your test equipment malfunctions and needs calibration.
>
>Rgds,
>Ali Ahmed Zahidi
>Pakistan Refinery Ltd.
>Karachi, Pakistan.
>

> >From: brad.s.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [foxboro] Analog input current about 2% low
> >Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:24:44 -0600
> >
> >We have a perplexing problem.  One 4-20 mA input on a FBM04 is reading
> >consistently lower in the AIN block than at the transmitter.  The AIN is
> >set for SCI=3 (4-20 mA) with KSCALE=1 and BSCALE=0.  We've bench-tested
>the
> >transmitter (Rosemount 3051) and it is right on the money, both with the
> >HART and independently measuring the current output.  What I see in the
>AIN
> >is that both the RAW counts and the MEAS values are showing 0.8 psi lower
> >than the transmitter (this is about 2% of scale).  The odd thing is that
> >this is across the range, so it looks like a bias.  We've replaced the
>FBM
> >and the problem is still there.  We're going after the nosecone next.
> >Could there be a drain in the wiring, like a poor termination, that would
> >show a constant reduction in current?  Anybody seen anything like this
> >before?
> >
> >Brad Wilson
> >Process Control Engineer
> >ExxonMobil Chemical Co