Re: [foxboro] Aim Historian XP

  • From: "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:42:54 -0400

Guys,
I just got another surprise while "downgrading" from UNIX to XP. I have
been told that my UNIX AIM instance and historical data will not import
into the XP version of AIM. Is there a solution out there that will
allow me to recover the instance and data from my UNIX box?

Thanks

Troy

*       From: "Nadeau, Sylvain" <sylvain.nadeau - at - ips.invensys.com
*       To: <
*       Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:00:38 -0400

Hi Claudio,

Yes it is true that AIM* Unix historian files can not be moved to
Windows.

Over the years, working with AIM* and other historians, we have
developed knowledge to migrate data from Legacy/AIM* Unix&Windows)
to AIM* (Windows) or to ASCII files for upload by another system
(like the OSI PI system for
example).

The historian migration solution includes the following services:
- Migration of the tag configuration (Services and Excel based macros)
- Migration of the data (Services for historical data import and file
loader interface =

  for target historian). In the case of AIM*, the data is imported
directly into the target AIM*.
- Validation of the data using an automated validation tool (Services
and Excel based validation =

  tool that uses target historian extraction mechanism (OLEDB etc) )
- Validation report (The actual write-up of the validation results).

So far we have done migrations for :
 Legacy Historian to AIM* (historical data migration)
 AIM* Unix to AIM* Windows (historical data migration)
 AIM* to OSI PI (historical data migration) =

 AIM* to Invensys Wonderware InSQL (historical data migration)

Contact me off list if you are interested and we can prepare a proposed =

scope (based on the # of tags and years of data to be migrated) &
services offer.

Regards,
Sylvain.

Sylvain Nadeau, ing.