Re: [foxboro] AW: Fox View screens

  • From: "Boulay, Russ" <Russ.Boulay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:21:33 -0400

The mkmact utility was only used on the AP20 to "make the menus acvtive".
Optimization has always been a 2 callup scenario.
First callup..finds all variables and their owners, i.e.  CP's
.,..historians...etc.
Once a display is optimized...it is good until the next time someone makes a
change to the display..or a variable that was once a valid point has now
been deleted.
There has never been the need to reoptimize a display after a bootup.

In the old days there was a script that was in the user notes that would
allow a user to optomize all displays in a directory.
This script was only used after day0 software upgrades where displays need
to be reoptomized after restoring them to the harddrive.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef