Re: [foxboro] ATS dropping out - Followup

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 06:20:38 -0400

To turn on the variable at boot up, it is easy to edit  fvcmds or dmcmds file
and change  "disable monitor"  to "enable monitor" then restart FV or DM.
We built a display with all AW's and WP's WPIDLE parameter and had the service
people look at that display after something was changed.  A few times we saw
the WPIDLE time go to zero, and stay there so we knew that something was not
right. We wanted to see this number mostly in the 90's. If you were doing some
a-periodic task (eg checkpoint on host) you could expect to see it dip  while
the task was happening.  A format of a floppy drive (remember them) would drop
WPIDLE to zero for the duration of the format. If you put an extremely busy
display on a WP (500 variables or so) then that WP's WPIDLE could dip to the
70's while the display was on the screen.
Terry