Re: [foxboro] AIM*Historian

  • From: "Lowell, Tim:" <tlowell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:22:35 -0700

Well, you are right, when Foxboro switched from FoxHistory to AIM*Historian,
they completely removed the section in the documentation about restoring
files.  When we upgraded from FoxHistory to AIM*Historian, I stopped saving
files to tape, because it was a hassle and we had other data collection
systems that already performed the archiving function.  Besides, the
fast-medium-slow reduction groups were good enough to last a year for us.

Anyway, as I recall with FoxHistory when I did try to restore files, the
files always went back to the /opt/fox/foxhist/pbk directory.  Since I had
not configured this directory in the DBPATH parameter, FoxHistory could not
read the restored files.  I had to use the "move file" option to move it to
/opt/fox/foxhist/hist01 or wherever the instance was stored.  You may be
having this problem now.  Whatever directory you are restoring them may not
be on the path specified in the DBPATH parameter.  You can change the DBPATH
parameter in the Historian Configurator without having to restart the
Historian.

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
Phillips Petroleum Company, Trainer Refinery
Phone:  610-364-8362
Fax:    610-364-8211
tlowell@xxxxxxxx