Re: [foxboro] AIM* .fdb to .csv Conversion

  • From: "Goldie, Shaun S" <Shaun.Goldie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:23:06 +1300

George
Yes I have, I once got a request for 8 tags 3 years
I restored the history to our spare (90Gb) then used Aim Datalink
The only problem was the data set needs to be error free for the date
range specified or it will 100% the host

There is the histdata utility (on the aim CD) but its output is
formatted for lineflow paper and if there is no changes in the readings
dots are inserted instead, there is a command to dump all data from one
=2Efdb file but I don't know what the output looks like

I am also interested in feedback on this subject as we are trying to
justify an enterprise historian at NZS and I would like to push aim
history into it

Shaun
NZ Steel