[foxboro] alarm acknowledge question

  • From: Mike_Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:26:33 -0400

We've implemented some custom alarm logic due to certain unique process
line alarm requirements.  I thought the compound's UNACK bit would go false
if any unacked alarms on the CAD were acked, either individually or with
the "Ack Page" button.  Our compounds' GRxDVx parameters are set to send
any active alarm to the CAD.

I have seen some compounds continuing to say "UNACK" on their compound
detail display even though 1) there are no unacked alarms on the CAD and 2)
there are no unacked alarms in the compound, as verified by continually
updating FoxSelect and looking for any such unacked blocks.  The only way
to clear these compounds' UNACK bit is to manually go to their detail
display and ack them, which is tedious at best.

Is there some additional, built-in logic that would keep a compound in the
UNACK state despite already having acked every block in the compound?

Mike Adams
Mitsubishi Polester Film, LLC
Greer SC, USA
864-879-5231