[foxboro] What to consider when moving to 8.8?

  • From: "Sieling, Marcel" <Marcel.Sieling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:38:21 -0500

See if you have 32 bit programs running as a service. They need to be compiled
as 64 bit executables, as I/A 8.8 will be all 64 bit. If you consider going for
the security enhanced versions of the product, read the related documentation
upfront. Look for the I/A 8.8 documentation on the GCS webserver (available for
registered users with Customer First maintenance agreement) and start reading
it:
http://support.ips.invensys.com/framepage.asp?body=/content/documents/iaseries/k0173wts/index.htm

Best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marcel Sieling