[foxboro] Virus protection

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Foxboro List <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:26:49 -0400

WE have been informed by our Foxboro sales rep that we need to sign up for
support contracts with McAfee, and Synaptic to get updated copies of their
software on our Foxboro machines.

I was under the impression that this software had to be blessed by Foxboro
for installing on IA machines. This would make co-ordinating the new vendor
releases of software with Foxboro problematic in my opinion. I had assumed
that this would be covered by our Foxboro  support contract.

What has been other peoples experience here? Has anyone established
separate support contracts with either of these vendors? If so, how does
this co-ordination work for you?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?