[foxboro] Upcoming device integrators

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Foxboro List <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:29:28 -0400

We are trying to do a bit of planning for the coming year. I'd like
to confirm a few bits of the future plans on device integrator's.

I believe that I've heard the plan is to do something like the
FB$224's. Theses new devices will basically come in 2 flavors serial
and Ethernet hardware wise, and will be supplied with
various software drivers to speak various protocols. Seems like
the term for these is FDSI's, if I recall correctly.

First, is my understanding of this correct? Next anyone know when
these (specifically for AB Ethernet) are planed to be available.
Third will these require a V8 system.

If they will require a V8 system, what's the minimum change I would
have to make to take a mixed V6 and V7 UNIX system (classic NodeBus)
and convert it to V8?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror