[foxboro] Rouge FoxSelect

  • From: "Gunter, Matt" <Matt.Gunter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:27:23 -0600

Rouge...  It's such a fun word with so many intriguing possibilities.

I guess I've got two questions here.  One has to do with Cassandra and
accessing the archives.  Though I go to the Cassandra sight, I haven't
been able to find the archives to search through them and avoid posting
redundant issues - I would like to at least check to see if issues we
experience at our location have been dealt with there.

The second question and reason I want to access the archives has to do
with an issue we are having with FoxSelect on one of our WPs.  All of
the WPs on our production system have two FoxView licenses.  On one of
these WPs, we have begun to see problems starting FoxSelect.  If the
FoxSelect button is picked from the primary instance of FoxView, it
appears that nothing happens.  Picking FoxSelect from the second DM
(FoxView instance) not only does not start up FoxSelect, but after a few
seconds it kills that FoxView instance.

I've seen this behavior before and it was corrected when we upgraded the
box to I/A 7.1.4.  I've looked through Julie Monsour's "Technical
Reference Manual/Practical System Tips" but haven't found a solution
there (though I did remove the *.ini file(s) in /opt/fox/wp/FoxSelect as
she suggested - no *.dat files were there).

I'm pretty sure I can go reformat the hard drive and reinstall the box
from a backup, but I'd rather not go down that path unless it is
necessary.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Matt Gunter