[foxboro] Remote access

  • From: "Chaiket, Thom" <tchaiket@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:43:40 -0400

Had a question for all.

We recently upgraded to the MESH network and opted for remote connection
to our historian (Windows Server 2003).  Due to local government laws,
we have to obtain required licenses (5-pack Terminal Services Client
Access Licenses) separately.  There are two different versions and we
are not sure which one to purchase.  There are User-based licenses or
Device-based licenses.

We want up to any 5 people to simultaneously access the TS, but these 5
come from a much larger set of users and computers all over our network.
It sounds like the Device-based license will allow up to 5 people to use
the TS without regard to what computers they come in from or what their
user logins are.  Is this correct?

Thanks!