[foxboro] Object Manager question

  • From: Sascha Wildner <swildner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Foxboro DCS Mail List <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:38:48 +0200

Hi,

I have a question regarding the processing of full path name writes
coming from sequence blocks:

At one of our customers, we have a couple of sequence blocks all waiting
independently for some CALC's TIM reaching a certain value (all
sequences wait for the same value) and then writing to different
parameters of another block (i.e. first sequence writes to RI01 of the
block, second one to RI02 and so on). All those sequences, the CALC
providing the TIM and the block they write to are in the same compound.

Sometimes these writes do not happen (randomly, it seems) and after
double- and triple-checking the sequence code I now suspect that writing
to the same block at the same time from different sequences is the problem.

Does anyone have FoxDOC pointers regarding the internal processing
(queuing) of these writes? In fact, is there documentation on how
sequence code in general is being processed by the CP for more than one
sequence running? Is the block whose parameters are written being
secured for the time one sequence writes to it? Could this cause
problems for any other sequence in the system that tries to write to it?

Have a nice day.

Sascha Wildner
erpicon Software Development GmbH
Neusser Str. 724-726