[foxboro] OPC problem and Operator Action Journal

  • From: Imran Waheed Butt <butt.imran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Foxboro Free List (E-mail)" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:48:18 +0400

Dear All,

*OPC Problem:*

We problem with our OPC, OPC is reading all the points in Matrikon Explorer
using configured aliases, but other client (PI) is not reading the same
points; also when are adding the alias and brows for item path then we can
browse till the block name but the block parameters are not showing.

When we add a healthy alias in Matrikon using the item path name its reading
bad.

I added 11AW70/@status point in Matrikon and its value is,

"AIM*AT server status is [ICC error encountered see errno]."

*Site configuration;*

Host station AW51B V4.3

OPC AW70 V7.1.5

AIMAPI V5.5

OPCDAO License for unlimited points.

OPC Version 3.2.0.15

"Restrict Items to preconfigured aliases only" is unchecked in OPC
Configurator.

*Operator Action Journal:*

We have operator action journal enabled on all the stations (AW and WP) and
its recording the operator actions.

Our requirements are to also record the changes done using OPC aliases
either using Matrikon Explorer or any other 3rd party client using OPC
Aliases to change the values of setpoints etc.

Kindly suggest the solution for these issues.

Regards,
Imran