[foxboro] More on FoxDraw, ME, NT, 2000 and XP

  • From: David Johnson <DRJohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:27:49 -0600

After careful contemplation and a glass of bourbon, I began to think...

What if Foxdraw's "transparent fill" really is supposed to be transparent
and it is mis-handled on NT and Solaris. Are we living a lie?

After all, FoxDraw provides an opaque fill, which looks very similar to the
transparent fill.

All I know for sure is:

An install from the same CD, on the exact same PC (not one "just like it",
but the same exact computer with a different OS installed, same video card
and revision of the video driver, same screen resolution and refresh rate)
produces different results on what you see for the "transparent fill" in
FoxDraw.

Weird huh?

I'm sure the fine folks at Foxboro/Sherrill Lubiniski are diligently
working on this anomaly even as we speak.

Regards,
David

"A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five."
         Groucho Marx