[foxboro] MPOLL issues

  • From: "Troy L Brazell" <tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:08:45 -0500

We have a plant running 6.3 on an AW51D, that we are unable to set the
MPOLL to 7. It is all fiber between the remote cabinets and we are running
CP40 process. This problem is not isolated to one CP. When we try to run at
7 we get intermittent buss failures, finally change the MPOLL to a 5 and
things run fine except it cost me 10 to 15% on my loading. Foxboro did the
construction on this project including the fiber buss. I have questioned
several time the terminations and layout and they assure me that it is
fine. A CAR was submitted over a year and a half ago with very little
effort on their part to fix it. Have had two calls from TAC wanting to know
if they could close the CAR and my response has been no.

A lack of planning and communication on your
part does not constitute an emergency on my part!

Troy L.Brazell
Duke Energy Field Services
Automation CCST
Mid Continent