[foxboro] IACC versus ICC Updated to remove garbage

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:03:05 -0500

I don't like the garbage in my comparison so I'm going to try it again.

AJ

The following provides a brief comparison among ICC, FoxCAE, IACC, and
IEE:

Number of databases per system
      ICC:      1/CP
      FoxCAE:
      IACC:     1 / CP
      IEE:      1
      Comments: IEE does not support by unit modularity for
                configuration. That is there is exactly one IEE server
                per system. IACC allows multiple servers per system,
i.e.,
                by unit modularity.

Number of controllers per database
      ICC:      1
      FoxCAE:
      IACC:     1-3
      IEE:      All
      Comments: IACC does not support putting everything in one
                database so peer-to-peer connections may need to be
entered
                by hand. IEE does not have this limitation. ICC always
                requires by hand connection specification.

Number of users per database
      ICC:      1
      FoxCAE:
      IACC:     1
      IEE:      Many - limited by performance

System Definition Support Built-in
      IEE:      N
      FoxCAE:   N
      IACC:     Y (V6.4 and up)
      IEE:      Y (V8.2 and up)

Control Scheme Templates
      ICC:      N
      FoxCAE:   Y
      IACC:     Y
      IEE:      Y

Graphical generation of control schemes
      ICC:      N
      FoxCAE:   N
      IACC:     Y
      IEE:      Y

Animated Loop Drawings
      ICC:      N
      FoxCAE:   N
      IACC:     Y
      IEE:      Y

HMI Building Integrated
      ICC:      N
      FoxCAE:   N
      IACC:     Y
      IEE:      N (On the roadmap for InFusion View, FoxView is TBD)

Device Templates
      ICC:      N
      FoxCAE:   N
      IACC:     Y
      IEE:      Phase 2

FDT Support for FF
      ICC:      N
      FoxCAE:   N
      IACC:     Y in IACC V2.2
      IEE:      Phase 2

FDT Support for HART/FoxCom
      ICC:      N
      FoxCAE:   N
      IACC:     N
      IEE:      N
      Comment:  In all cases, FDM (PACTware) for HART and FoxCom is used

InFusion Application Environment Support
      ICC:      N
      FoxCAE:   N
      IACC:     N
      IEE:      Y

Scriptable Operation/Open database
      IEE:      Y (ICC Driver Task)
      FoxCAE:   Y (FoxPro Database)
      IACC:     N
      IEE:      Phase 2 (SQL Server used, but objects and object
attributes
                are not necessarily accessible and the schema is not
                not published for external acces. Tools will be added to
                provide access to the data

Workfile support:
      IEE:      Y
      FoxCAE:   Y (also keeps a separate database)
      IACC:     Y (also keeps a separate database)
      IEE:      N (Everything stored in SQL Server)

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041
713.329.8472 (voice)
713.329.1700 (fax)
713.329.1600 (switchboard)
alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Confidentiality Notice: =0AThe information contained in this electronic m=
essage and any attachment(s) to this message are intended for the exclusi=
ve use of the recipient(s) and may contain confidential, privileged or pr=
oprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please noti=
fy the sender immediately, delete all copies of this message and any atta=
chment(s). Any other use of the E-Mail by you is prohibited.=0A