[foxboro] Guidance for combining services on IA?

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Foxboro List <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:47:01 -0500

Is anyone aware of any guidlines as to what services can/should be combined
on machines in IA?

In other words, we are looking to decide which of the following can, or
should be combined on Windows server class AW's.

Galaxy repoistory
INSQL databse
INSQL data colector
AIM historian for alarms
OPC for PI
RDP for remote displays
Foxview
CSA

You get the idea. We would like to figure out a way to consolidate all of
these down to 3 or so machines.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?