[foxboro] FBM230 and Trisen 310

  • From: "Rene Morales " <morales_rene@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:59:19 +0000

Hi all.

We are communicating many kinds of equipments with the I/A using Modbus serial.

We have Bently Nevada, Enraf, Omni, Hima, FSC, CCC, Woodward, Trisen (160 and
310), etc.

All the systems look good, except the TS310.

We have some strange behavior with 3 TS310 connected to the FBM230s, one of
them are directly connected to one serial port, the other two are in a
multidroop connection to other port.  The TS310 has a RS422 port.

Sometimes the communications are good, and then goes bad; sometimes the problem
is fixed disabling the port in the DCS, sometimes the communication failure
begins after a IACC download, sometimes the communications are good many hour,
sometimes remains blinking... there had not been possible to isolate the issue.

Any recommendation, note, trick,  or knowledge (anything!!!)  to fix this
problem?
Maybe there is an issue about RS422? This is the only one equipment using this
kind of port, the rest are RS485 and RS232.

Kind regards,
Saludos,

Rene Morales H.
Email: morales_rene@xxxxxxxxxxx