[foxboro] BADOPT=3 and OSV

  • From: "Loupe, Rory (RJ)" <RJLoupe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Foxboro - Cassandra' <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:48:37 -0500

This weekend we ran into a situation that caused some critical transmitters to
hit the high end of their scale and exceed the default 2% OSV.  Since we use
BADOPT=3 this marked these AIN's as bad causing undesired control action (since
the transmitters were not truly BAD).

Could someone share their philosophy or rules used for setting OSV's?  We don't
want to make the OSV too large as to render this feature useless.  Also, I want
to keep the instrument departments involvement to a minimum.

Thanks,
Rory Loupe
Dow Chemical