[foxboro] Automated SaveAll

  • From: "Pat Martens" <foxpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:28:11 +0200

Hi,
We have automated the creation of savealls for all our control stations.
The basis for this is the Ron Deen / Marco van der Waal save_all.sh.
This scripts creates 15 incremental back-ups.

I used to compare the timestamp of the checkpoint file  (.UC) and the latest
save_all to see if a save_all would be needed but as we also have the auto
checkpoint feature enabled we end up with creating a save_all every day. If
within that 15 days nothing has changed we will have 15 identical save_all's.
Therefore we recently modified things and now check the timestamp of the
workfile (.wf).
However, today I noticed the save_all was not updated after deleting several
blocks with ICC.
I found that the timestamp of the .wf was not changed, however the timestamp of
the .O files of the compounds concerned was.

Could I be sure to cover all ICC changes by checking the timestamp of the
latest .O file for a given CP or should check both the .wf and/or the .O file
(whichever is newer)?

Any info appreciated,

Patrick Martens
Total Raffinaderij Nederland N.V.